Packaging return at Naaldwijk
The returning of packaging is subject to guidelines which helps us ensure that the quality of the packaging improves for everyone. And that we generate fewer costs in the chain.
For returning packaging (mobile and/or fixed), you always need a packaging card. Do you not have a packaging card yet?
Packaging Online mandatory as of 1 January 2020
As of 1 January 2020, we will be switching to digital packaging ordering and making announcements about the collection via Packaging Online. Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to process unannounced transactions from this date. Subscribe now for free to Packaging Online and start with digital preannouncement!
What is Packaging Online?
Via Packaging Online you can easily and digitally order your packaging and announce intakes. You can also view your packaging transactions up to three months. You choose how you want to arrange your transactions; via the online application (Webview) in 'My Royal FloraHolland' or via the updated Royal FloraHolland app.
Additional guidelines for packaging return at Naaldwijk
To ensure a smooth and efficient process for both you as our customer and our staff, several additional guidelines now apply:
- As of 5 November 2018, you will need a packaging card in addition to your packaging receipt booklet in order to collect packaging.
- Always fill in the white packaging return docket (LMS docket) in advance and submit it to the packaging staff member when driving in.
- Please wait for permission from the packaging staff member before driving into the packaging return location.
- Return each time a maximum of 15 trolleys with plastic packaging and a maximum of 20 trolleys with multi-use boxes.
- Return all full trolleys assembled by packaging code and one after the other.
- Place any trolley with leftovers at the back of the train of trolleys to be returned.
- Stack the packaging by packaging code.
- Deliver cut flower packaging separately from plant packaging, on separate trolleys.